Tuesday, December 2, 2008

International Conference of Asian Special Libraries

It was wonderful event. I had opportunities to interact librarians from Asia and SLA office bearers including SLA President Stephen Abram. This was the first international conference of SLA in India and which attracted about 400 library professionals, many dignitaries from India and abroad, congratulations to conference organizers.



I had an opportunity to speak on 'Future of Library and Information Services Marketing' I was impressed with the gathering and rising interest of colelagues in marketing. Besides presentation by speakers and contributory papers, large number of delegates participated in the discussions.

During my presentation, I had very good questions, such as: How logo is differs from branding?; How the economic slow down will have impact on libraries?

.